Hello! We are Lizzi and Geoff
FUN FACTS ABOUT US
- Loves to garden, experiment with new plants, veggies, and flowers
- Enjoys cooking, baking, and canning vegetables
- Loves to run
- Enjoys playing with our son and doing crafts with him
- Was born in northern Indiana and has an older sister who is married and we have a nephew, Zachary that we love to visit
- Cuddling with a good movie on the couch
- Enjoys home improvement projects and tinkering around the house
- Loves to play basketball
- Goes fishing frequently, and loves being outdoors and fishing any river
- Enjoys morning walks with our Great Pyrenees, Odin
- Was born in California but grew out in Southern Oregon
- Took Lizzi on her first trip to Hawaii, we got married there, and we love to go back regularly!
- Loves taking trips to the playground with our son and can’t wait
It is really difficult for us to put together words to express our gratitude, but here we are, with open hearts, thankful that you are taking the time to learn more about us. We can’t even begin to understand the emotions you are feeling as you think about adoption. Although we don’t yet know you personally, we know that this decision comes out of absolute love for your child and your bravery is unquestionable. We are here to let you know that, if you feel connected to us, we will raise your child with a lifetime full of love and opportunities.
Our names are Geoff and Lizzi and we were happily married in 2013. We both always knew that we wanted two children. Even before we were married that was our plan and we couldn’t wait to begin that journey. We were blessed with a son in 2015 but shortly after his birth, Lizzi was diagnosed with cancer. Although her treatment was successful, and she is healthy and cancer free, we are unable to have more children due to her treatment. We were both drawn to adoption even before we tried to start a family, and we feel like adoption was always meant to be part of our family’s story.
We live in Portland, Oregon and love our neighborhood and the culture in the area. Geoff works as a commercial property manager, and Lizzi as a hydrogeologist for an engineering firm. We are both successful in our careers which allows us both flexibility and security in providing for our family. We love to travel and experience all that life has to offer, and we want our children to experience the same. Our son Wayne is a happy go lucky two year old now, and we know he will be an amazing big brother!
If you choose us to be the devoted parents of your child, we will be there for them, protect them, and love them unconditionally. We will give them every opportunity to explore their interests and grow into the individual they are meant to be. We are fully committed to an open adoption and would love to send pictures, crafts, videos, and updates as your child grows. We will also respect any decision, should you choose a different relationship, and will support a level of interaction that is comfortable for you. We will make sure they grow up knowing their adoption story from the beginning and that you gave them the gift of life, which is the greatest gift they could receive.
We are honored that you are taking the time to learn more about us. We hope you get a good understanding of who we are as people, as parents, and how excited we are to grow our family.